Thursday, January 9, 2014

 I have been thinking a lot about my goals for 2014 and I think I have finally come up with my word: CAPTURE! I have such a tendency to be looking forward to things in my life and missing out on what is right in front of me. I find myself wishing the days away, only to find that life is passing by so quickly. So, my goal this year is to CAPTURE life's simple and beautiful moments that are all around me. Everyday I get to see glimpses of who my kids are growing up to be and I find myself forgetting so quickly the stages and quirks and smiles that are fading quickly. I want to challenge myself to take a breath and slow down, to take it all in and to take the time to capture it. To really see the beauty all around me, the love that surrounds me, the giggles, the spills, the memories, the friendships, the messes that fill my day. It is not always pretty, but it is my life, the life God has for me, and I want to remember the details!

So here begins a year of capturing the everyday, routine, beautiful moments of 2014!




This is Grace's "thing" right now. All over our house and all of the time she is doing cartwheels! It's adorable and annoying at the same time, like when she knocked a cup of freshly poured milk out of my hand because she was doing cartwheels in the kitchen But this is where we are right now and one day she is going to think cartwheels are for babies... So I want to CAPTURE it now!

0 comments: