Thursday, March 7, 2013

Harper's room

Harper's room was for some reason so hard for me to get motivated to do. I am not sure if it was just that her room had the most no fun work to do, or that I am just tired. 
I really had a blank slate to work with, so I started with what I had. I had a crib, changing table, rocker and bedding. So, really I had all of the big things, and I got to just do the fun stuff. The cool part about this room is that I spent less than $100 on it! 

Here it is the day we moved in...

Here it is today.... quite a difference!! 

The biggest change was  painting the walls and the trim. I painted the walls a really pretty watery blue called Serendipity by Olympic and the trim is white. It gave so much light to the room. I hated going in there before because it was dark and had no "happy" in it, now it is my favorite room!!


 I added this over her crib, it was the easiest project ever! Just buy some hoops and put fabric in them... and your are done!!



 This art was super easy as well, I had a bunch of extra frames from our hallway project and so I just put some fabric in them and hot glued a silk flower on top... another easy peasy project!!

The star in the window, is a fun addition to the changing table wall, it is made of FREE paint stirrers that I hot glued together and painted pink...


 I have a small obsession with all things monogrammed, so I had to have something with her name on it in her room. this is just a canvas with her name painted on it.

I love how the room turned out, and I love going in there to get my sweet baby girl!!!

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Found you on Easy Living Mom blog hop. This nursery is beautiful!I love it! I shared pics of my now 15 month old daughter's pink John Deere nursery in the blog hop as well. Following via GFC

Jackie
www.thenonmarthamomma.com

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

You did a fabulous job! It is beautiful!
Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse Party. I'll be featuring this tomorrow. :)

Katherines Corner said...

wow well done, beautiful, bight and cheery. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

Angie Generose said...

Oh my gosh - this is one of the best looking nurseries I have ever seen. I would have loooved to have my daughter's nursery look like that when she was a baby. Also, I absolutely love the name Harper :)

-Angie
www.easylivingmom.com

Unknown said...

No wonder this became your favorite room. The watery blue paint spells joy. I love all the pretty designs and touches you put on the walls. They're truly appropriate for the lovely baby you have there!
Leeanne @ Pro Master